Monday 9 July 2012

Scones for tea

I seldom bake since finding out that I am diabetic, so I was delighted to see a recipe for Vanilla Bean Scones over on the scrumptious blog Lavender and Lovage which uses the new plant-based sweetener Truvia in place of sugar.

The scones turned out to be delicious - they looked pretty yummy too!



Pop over to the Lavender and Lovage blog if you would like the recipe. There is even a nifty "Print this recipe" tool which means you can have a nice no-frills version to take into the kitchen with you. (Yes, I know you can use an iPad as a recipe book  - if anyone has any tips about removing turmeric stains from a beige auede iPad cover I would be delighted to hear them....... for the time being I'm going back to good old paper. )

1 comment:

Karen S Booth said...

They look JUST perfect Jane and they have risen nicely too....like you, I am also very impressed with Truvia, and I am going to make a cake next, and will let you know how it turns out! Karen