Wednesday 9 January 2013

La Vie En Rose

At the end of my last post, I mentioned that I was going to see what else I could make from the French themed kit I was using. I ran out of Eiffel Tower die cuts, but have used the negatives from them as stencils so I could still have Eiffel towers! I made four more cards from the kit, and probably have enough bits and pieces left for four more.





So the spring clean goes on! I've got a three-pronged  plan for attacking my stash.

1. go through the kits and make at least 4 cards from each. This should finish off some of my oldest kits.
2. go through the mountain of craft magazines that I've hoarded and use the ideas I've been meaning to get around to, then throw each magazine away when I've taken my inspiration from it.
3. tackle my Pinterest boards. I have two craft boards - one for ideas I am planning to use, and the other for ideas I've already used or cards  I have made myself. At the moment, the first has 663 pins and the second only 144. I aim to reverse that balance by the end of the year.

OK, this sounds like an awful lot of cards to be made - but then, I have an awful lot of stash! And hand made cards are never wasted  - as well as those I use for friends and family throughout the year, I support several charities by sending them batches of cards, cello-bagged and ready to sell, so really, the more cards i can produce for them the better!

No comments: