Wednesday 14 May 2014

Thanks - you're a star!

How often do you say that? That's what I had in mind when I started to make my card for this week's challenge at Less is More - the challenge is a one-layer thank you card.

One of the Uniko Studio stamp sets that I chose as last month's Less is More winner is a selection of circular labels and thank you messages - perfect for the job. I decided to combine it with a circle-and-star stamp that was a free covermount on a magazine way back in the mists of time, using masking to create a random diagonal line across the card. However the stamp didn't seem to lend itself to masking - I suspect that being a free stamp, it wasn't very deeply cut - so here, for the fist time in ages, is one of my what-went-wrong pictures.


So, back to the drawing board. I liked the star and the primary colours though, so I decided to use the current sketch at CAS on Sunday as the basis of my next card.
 
 
I'm much happier with my card now - sad, though, that the circular label had to go, but I know it and its companions will have many more chances to appear on my cards. I finished off the stars by using a watercolour brush to drag a little of the colour out into the central stars - I would have done this on the first card too if it hadn't ended up on the reject pile.
 
 

7 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Like them both! Jo x

Craft-E-Place said...

Two stunning cards! I love your choice of colours so bright and cheerful.
Elaine

Chrissie said...

Great cards, I think the second one has the edge for me!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More"

Sazzle Dazzle said...

2 fabulous one layer cards but I can see why you felt you had to go back to the drawing board ... so annoying when that happens with a stamp and the OLC option doesn't allow for covering it up.
Thanks for taking part
Sarah
Less is More

Anne said...

Sorry to be so late commenting, super card Jane
Thanks for joining us at Less is More
Anne
Less is More Designer

anja curvers said...

Wow great card love those stamps. Thanks for joining us over at CAS on sunday.

Janneke said...

Your card is amazing!
Thank you for joining us at CAS on Sunday ;)