Thursday 26 June 2014

The Sporting Life

At the moment with the World Cup and Wimbledon, there seems to be fast and furious sport everywhere, but not all sports are so fast-paced. Take bowls, for example - a much gentler sport, and very popular, especially among a generation less inclined to spend 90 minutes chasing up and down a football field (not that I've ever been that way inclined!)

Which leads me to my latest DT card for La Pashe, this bowls themed card which was made using decoupage and backing papers from the "Men's Sports and Hobbies" download bundle - the decoupage is also available as a single downloadable sheet.

I added a piece of green felt to give it a real bowling green feel, and cut out images from some of the papers in the download to embellish the grass with. You can see from the images how effective the 3-D effect is, even though the cutting out is very simple to do.




I'm playing along with Cards 4 Guyz, where this week's theme is Sport.

3 comments:

Foil Play said...

Great card, Jane - very summery :)

Cazro said...

A brilliant card, I love how your have added green felt for the green, adding such a wonderful texture. Nice sedate bowls, I'm sure there are as many bowls players as there are in the more known sports. A good choice. Thanks again for joing us at Cardz 4 Guyz. Hope to see you again soon. Caz

Julie B said...

The bowls look great on that strip of felt. It reminds me of the carpet they roll out at the sports center!
Thanks for sharing with us at Cardz4Guyz this week. :)