Thursday 21 May 2015

Butterfly with a Doily

The latest challenge over at Butterfly Challenge is Butterfly and D for Doily and I thought it would be a good chance to  use a die I'd not used before, to cut my own doily. I've had the die for about a year, and thought I'd get endless use out of it, being able to cut them from exactly the papers I wanted to instead of always using the colours chosen for me by the manufacturers, but every time I use a doily, I seem to have a ready made one the right colour.

In fact after rummaging through my snippets box and finding this pretty butterfly paper, left over from an old Making Cards mag freebie, I did have a ready made one almost the right colour, but I also happened to have a scrap of pearlescent paper that was an even better match, so my die got to come out to play at last.

Other snippets provided material for the border and the die cut butterflies and words. I very carefully positioned the word "Someone" to be exactly central and stuck it in place - then remembered that "Special" is a lot shorter word than "To" so was left with a gap on the left. Hence the sparkly heart! (and that was after I'd stuck the front panel on the card upside down and had to rescue it..... do you ever get days when you really ought to lock yourself out of the craft room?)



Thanks to all these snippets, I'm also going to head over to Pixie's Crafty Workshop and play along with the Snippets Playground.

4 comments:

Di said...

Love this Jane! Nice bold colours and a great design too.

Hugs

Di xx

Linby said...

This is gorgeous, I love that background paper and your embellishments are the perfect complement to it.
Lynn x

Mrs A. said...

Me too! I bought a die and thought I woud be using it all the time instead of bought doilies but the card I made ended up with a ready made one as it looked better! Love your die cut and glad you got to use it as it does go with the backing paper. Also had many a day like that as well. Thsnkyou for fluttering by # 31. Hugs Mrs A.

Lesley said...

Great card, love the bright colours! Thanks for taking part in the Butterfly Challenge.

Lesley, GD xx