Tuesday 12 May 2015

Thank you for the tea

I love this bird-and-teacup stamp, which was a lovely freebie tucked in with my most recent order from Crafty Individuals, and today is the first time I've used it. I wanted to use it with this vintage teacup paper, which is from an old magazine freebie as I think the two look as if they were made for each other. I also cut the kettle-and-teacup strip from a piece of Dovecraft Curiosity corner paper and used washi tape, a tag and twine from the same range to complete the card.



I'm sharing this with
Make My Monday - Coffee or Tea
and
Shopping Our Stash - Oldest Washi Tape (actually it's also my newest washi tape - in fact it's my ONLY washi tape! I did buy another roll a few months ago, or so I though, but when I got it home and unwrapped it, it was ribbon!)

7 comments:

Liz said...

Fabulous vintage style card. You're right, the image and the papers are perfect together. Lovely design. xx

Cazro said...

Wow! Jane I adore this card, so vintage shabby chic. Caz

Donna said...

Ohhhh fabulous card! Love all the layers and that bird / teacup stamp! And of course the washi tape!! Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Oldest Washi Tape" challenge this week!

Chana Malkah said...

Great motif with the cooking and washi elements! Nicely done! Thanks for accepting the challenge this week at Shopping Our Stash!
Hugz,
Chana, DT

Joan said...

Lovely card - such a pretty stamped image!! Thanks for joining us at Make My Monday!

Chris said...

This is a beautiful card Jane, the image and the gorgeous papers are perfect together! Love design with all the layers and distressing. Thanks for your lovely comment (he is such a hunk, isn't he!!!:)
Chris
x

scrappymo! said...

Love this distressed, quirky card. Right up my alley to use up your stash too!

Thanks for stopping by my blog. The diecuts I roll off ahead are stored in cheap little dollar store photo albums. I have one for each colour of diecuts. I tend to use the same brand of cardstock over and over, so that is what I use when I roll them off. There are only 30 colours in that brand so it is not too hard to match up. I roll off about 10 colours of dies...but I am really low right now and need to go on a diecutting spree myself!