Thursday 15 October 2015

Never throw anything away.....

... it might come in handy sometime. I'm sure most of us crafters feel that way sometimes, and this card is the perfect example of that. The die cut and the background are both ones I made for cards this time last year but never used. The dark blue background, stamped and embossed with a white snowfall, turned out too dark for the papers I'd planned to use it with, and I'd cut one too many layers of the village landscape die  and had one layer left. But they've worked together to make a quick CAS snow scene card - a bit of stamping, a bit of Candi and here we are!


I'm sharing this with

Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge - Something beginning with S
Mod Squad - Winter and a die 
Clear it Out challenge - White and 1 colour/Anything Goes

8 comments:

Barb said...

Isn't it great when things come together like that. Your card was meant to be Jane. It looks lovely. Barbxx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card and I love that die. Wish I knew what brand it is.

Monika Reeck said...

Adorable scene Jane
love the sky with that snowflakes
and that scene of the houses really feel in winter time
cause all in white
great card my friend
see you around maybe I put your mag. in my last post :)

Christi Conley said...

Beautiful! So peaceful :) xx

Barbara Godden said...

beautiful scene, fabulous die, thanks for joining us for the colour challenge at Clear it Out Tuesday.

Unknown said...

Such a sweet little winter scene, that is a great die! Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Mod Squad Blog!

Darnell said...

This is a sensational card, Jane! I always feel like my cards make themselves when this type of thing happens! It's like magic!! Have a great weekend!! Hugs, Darnell

Larelyn said...

Love it! Black and white is just perfect for this winter scene. Thanks for sharing at Clear it Out.
Hugs,
Larelyn