Thursday 29 October 2015

Snow, snow, thick thick snow....

Recently I've rediscovered the joy of  embossed resist - not that you'd know it, because my post about it is scheduled for a good few days from now! But having made the card-you-don't-yet-know-about, I've been looking around for other ideas for using it. And it's a great way to make a white stamped snowflake stand out against a blue background, lovely for a Christmas card.

For this card, I stamped the large snowflake twice on a strip of paper, leaving a gap between them, and embossed it with white opaque powder. The stamp is an old PSX one, the date on it is 1991! Then I sponged the two inks from the light turquoise end of the Kaleidacolour "Blue Breeze" pad all over the paper, wiped any residue off the stamping with a tissue and trimmed it into a strip to fit the card. The space in between the snowflakes was to allow me to wrap turquoise twine around the strip before sticking it down.

A stamped greeting and some pale blue sequins that are officially flowers but today are acting the part of snowflakes are the finishing touches.

 
Well, so much for taking photos on a gloomy day, even with flash the white has come out looking cream and the turquoise has come out looking blue!
 
I am sharing this with
 
Ooh La La Creations - Emboss
Shopping Our Stash - Go Paperless! 
52 Christmas Card Throwdown - Resist Embossing 
Addicted to Stamps and More - Holiday    

14 comments:

Linby said...

Beautiful embossing Jane, lovely big snowflakes too.
Thanks for sharing with us at OLL.
Lynn x
DT

Paper Lily Leaf said...

Gorgeous resist embossing - love those snowflakes! Thanks for joining us at 52CCT, April x

Leslie Hanna said...

I love emboss resist, and this is beautiful. I totally believe you about the colors - I am incapable of taking decent photos, even on a sunny day! I have to tell people what the colors really are. ;/

Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Monika Reeck said...

I really love your strip of snowflake
so adorable you did it
feel the cold winter then :)
lovely made Jane

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely gorgeous! I think resist emboss is my favourite technique - the snowflakes on your card really pop! Lovely work. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week!

Christi Conley said...

Oh! I wish I was home and could play!! Its cold here - longing for my mild temps - love this card, as usual - and I can SO relate to photo issues. . . xx Christi

Wynn said...

Ooohhh I wish I had that stamp. It's fab! Great embossing and thanks for sharing the technique . Wynn DT OLL challenges.

Julie said...

Beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for joining us at 52 CCT
Julie T

Crafting Suzie's Creations said...

Lovely card thank you for joining us at Ooh La la Challenge Hugs Sue DT xx

*Vicki* said...

Really beautiful card!! Love the embossed snowflakes!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Addicted to Stamps & More! Hugs & Smiles - *Vicki*-DT member

Monika Reeck said...

I come back with my Hat and want to say to you Jane
thanks for playing along with us at ATSM this week
hugs, Monika (DT at ATSM)

Cazro said...

A beautiful card Jane, I do like the strip with the embossed snowflakes. Congratulations on fulfilling the recipe challenge. Thanks for joining us at MMM. DT.

Alli Devine said...

Gorgeous card Thank you for joining us at Ooh La La creations
Alli x

Shawna said...

Hello Jane, I know I am late commenting but this is a beautiful card.. The intricate snowflake is just wonderful and your twine addition is just perfecto!! All that gorgeous white space is so snowy-like. This card is just fantastic and I want to thank you so much for joining us at MMM.. I surely hope to see you next week as well..
All the best,
Shawna DT