Saturday 13 February 2016

Blue butterflies and lace

Another make from me today, this time a very quick and CAS card.

I took snippets of dark and light blue and used a Cuttlebug die (I think it was the one that came with my first machine) to cut two squares of each colour. With the scraps left over  I punched two tiny butterflies in each colour.

Then using a Kanban lace background stamp, I stamped lace in white on the dark blue squares and in blue on the light blue ones. Attached everything to a square card and finished with a ready made sentiment from Craftwork Cards.

I think the squares look as if they are lacy fabric cut with pinking shears!


I am sharing this with
Butterfly Challenge - S is for Stamping or Sapphire  and it had to be a birthday card to celebrate the challenge's 2nd birthday!
Sweet Stampin - CAS
Suzy Bee's Blooming Challenge = Anything Goes/Sentimental   

9 comments:

Mrs A. said...

Thankyou for the virtual Birthday card. Mawh! I love your concept here. The squares do look like lace. The colours are lovey against one another and as you have used both of the required elemnts your card will be entered into the draw twice. Thankyou for fluttering by. Hugs Mrs A.

Kath said...

A lovely card and I agree the squares look like a lace fabric.
Kath x

AlisonC said...

Oh, this is lovely. I thought these were scraps of fabric to begin with, that stamp is one I'm immediately envious of. And I always like symmetrical patterned cards but rarely make one.
It is good to see you over at the butterfly challenge.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Very beautiful card Jane, great use of the die and the stamps. Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Love and hugs
Maarit

Barb said...

I thought your card was fabric Jane. It looks absolutely beautiful. Barbxx

Debbie said...

Great card adn just right for our challenge this week at Sweet Stampin'. Debbie X

Monika Reeck said...

it looks really like quilting Jane
woooww all in blue
and love that tiny cute butterfly
elegant look of your card Jane

Paddington fan said...

What a super stylish card, love the way you have used the lace stamp! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week and I do hope you'll visit us again soon, love Jacky x

JANINE QUINN MIDDLESBROUGH, UK said...

Such a lovely card - I love the stamped design on the squares. This is just perfect for our 'CAS' challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx