Saturday 16 April 2016

Body Parts at Twofers

Yes, you read that right - body parts! It's our latest theme at Twofers  - and we don't mean just human body parts, you could use part of an animal or vehicle body in your work.

I've chosen to do an elephant's bottom! I'm not sure how or why I have a stamp of an elephant's bottom, but here it is, complete with a tiny bird (an egret? I've only seen them on water buffalo but it looks like one) hitching a ride on his back.

I stamped, coloured and fussy cut the elephant, then my original plan was to make a watercoloured savannah scene and have him heading off into the sunset, but I was having a "nothing works" day and abandoned the watercolour in favour of a far more CAS design. Now he is heading off into a very stylised sunset created by inking the Gentleman Crafter's brushed circle stamp with yellow ink and then dabbing an orange inkpad around the edges of the stamp. The sentiment is one row of a stamped sentiment from a Dylusions set.


Let's see what ideas for body pars YOU come up with - pop over to Twofers to share them with us, remember that as usual we want  to see some stamping and no digis.

I am sharing this with
Craft Your Passion - Anything Goes
A Bit More Time To Craft - Anything Goes
Less is More - Use three stamps (elephant, brushed circle and sentiment)

17 comments:

Cara said...

Okay, that is a pretty random stamp to have! Great card though, love the warm colours that suggest Africa or somewhere exotic. Cara x

Monika Reeck said...

Cool stamp you have dear Jane and warm colors to around elephant...luv this card and feel like in Afrika or in Asia...we have elephant park in Bali-Indonesia.
See you around Jane..hugs
Monika

Esther said...

What a fabulous stamp! I love the design of this card and the gorgeous CAS sunset. Great LIM entry!

Kathyk said...

FAB! Love a card with a sense of humour, gr8 colours too

Kathyk

Di said...

Only you would have a stamp with an elephants bum on it! Great card Jane - made me smile! Now I need to look for body parts as it's time I joined in with Twofers again!

Hugs

Di xx

Darnell said...

Great card, Jane! I think now I've seen everything! I'm trying to imagine being a stamp artist and mulling over all the possible ideas for a stamp I might create and, you know what? I'd have to say the rear-ends of critters might be just the sort of thing I would think of! Bwahahaha! In all seriousness, the way you used it walking off into a brilliant African sunset with it's wee bird is really terrific!! Enjoy your day! Hugs, Darnell

Jan said...

Fabulous Lim card xx Jan

CG said...

What a fantastically creative card! Love it!!! Best, CG

Barb said...

A really fun way to use your brushed circle stamp. Actually a fun card altogether. I wonder how many out there have this elephant stamp. Love it. Barbxx

Sid said...

Fab and funny card !!

Kimberley said...

Love this - very original!

Lucille K said...

Love the colors and well, just love your card :)

Tracy Welham said...

Unusual stamp but a great card! Isn't it funny what you find in your stash but you can't remember why on earth you got it! Creative Blessings, Tracy x

Chrissie said...

What a fun image Jane!
Great card!
Thanks so much
Chrissie
"Less is More

Sharon Traynor Designs said...

Terrific image for a stamp Jane - I bet you have fun using that one. Love the bright colours with the grey too.
Thanks for sharing this with us at Less is More.
Sharon xx

Unknown said...

Fabulous card! I love the sunset. Thank you for sharing with us at Craft Your Passion. We hope to see you again!
~ Bonnie DT

Anne said...

What a brilliant stamp Jane - love it! And a fabulous card you made with it too.
Thank you so much for joining us
Anne
"Less is More"