Sunday 17 July 2016

Bright Butterfly

I've had a good rummage in the snippets box for this card, as I am pretty sure there's a scrap of actual denim-effect card in there, but I couldn't find it. However I did come up with a piece of denim-blue card so I've used that instead, with some scraps of bright orange to give a bold contrast.

The background is embossed with a Crafters Companion folder and the leaves cut with a Spellbinders Sprigs die. The orange butterfly is a printed die cut from Craftwork cards - it was white, but I coloured it with an orange Promarker.

I didn't have enough of the denim blue card to cut the Cuttlebug butterfly for the lower of the two butterflies, so I cut it from white card. None of my blue inks matched the paper, but by blending over a mixture of Broken China DI and Violet Haze Cosmic Shimmer I got a lighter shade of a very similar colour, which probably looks better than having it all the same shade.


I am sharing this with

Butterfly Challenge - D for Dimension and/or Denim
Pixie's Snippets Playground - week 238

7 comments:

Aquarius said...

Love the colours on this card, so right for the butterfly challenge and of course plenty of snippets included too

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous combinations of colours Jane, you've excelled yourself and covered the challenges ever so well, brilliant work. Shaz in Oz.x

Mrs A. said...

The orange contrast gives a lovely pop to your card. The paler blue for the underneath of the butterfly works well too. As you say better than being the same exact shade of the background piece. Thank you for fluttering by my challenge where your card will be entered twice. Hugs Mrs A.

Di said...

Great card Jane! I love the colour combo as well as the lovely design. I think I may have some denim card hidden away here, the question is where?!

Not long now, yay!!

Hugs

Di xx

Sarn said...

Lovely contrasting colours a pretty design x

Cara said...

This is so striking, love the contrast between the blue and orange. Cara x

Liz said...

Really striking card, Jane. The blue and orange go so well together. xx