Sunday 17 July 2016

Classic Car

Sorry to be deluging you with blog posts today, but I've had the grandchildren to stay and that has meant me doing a crazy amount of crafting, because if I'm doing it at the same time as them, they get to look through and even use the Good Stuff that I don't let them have when they are doing it without me. So I've ended up having several hours of solid crafting, broken only by "Grandma, can you help me to tie this bow/choose some paper/spell that word?"

If any of my choices of style and/or colour seem a little off-key today, please bear in mind that a four year old and a seven year old were heavily involved in all my decision making processes!

Anyway, on with the latest card. I recently managed to get hold of some discontinued Linda Luckin stamps that were produced back in 2008, and I've used one of them for this card. My original plan was to stamp the classic car, mask it and then stamp the trees and colour the background, but the windows made it too tricky to mask and I wanted to be sure the background scene showed through them, so after a couple of failed attempts I made the background then stamped the car separately and fussy-cut it. I always find cutting "inny" parts like the windows leaves slightly untidy edges, however careful I am, so I went round each opening with the red Promarker I had used for the car paintwork.

The background is from a very old K & Company pad and the flashcards are Tim Holtz Idea-ology ones. The cogs are cut with docrafts X-cut dies.



I am sharing this with

Sweet Stampin Challenge - Wheels 
Planes, Trains and Automobiles at the Lunagirl Moonbeams blog and website

6 comments:

Chris said...

Fabulous image, great design...immaculate cutting here! :)
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.
chris
x

Karen Lunagirl said...

Great card! Thanks for playing in my July challenge at LunagirlMoonbeams.com ~ Karen

Cara said...

This is great, love those cogs. Cara x

Michele said...

this is fantastic and the influences from the young ones worked well! thank you for playing along with us at lunagirl moonbeams! xo

Sammy said...

That's a fab card! Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week. Sammy-x

Jeanette (Forest Ranger) said...

Thank you so much for sharing your fantastic card in the Sweet Stampin’ Wheels Challenge!