Friday 28 October 2016

Die cut bats without a bat die

At this time of year there's rather more need for bats in our crafting than the rest of the year round. As I have often said, I'm not a big fan of Halloween and don't have mush Halloween related stash, so when I need a die cut bat, I use my trusty old Cuttlebug butterfly die to cut a butterfly and then cut the lower wings off  and trim the edges of the upper ones to leave a bat-like shape. I've used three, cut in pink pearlescent card, on this card.


That lovely cobwebby background is a scrap of hand made paper I was sent in a RAK many years ago and has been just lying around waiting for the right moment to use it. For the coffin, I cut a large tag shape and then tapered the lower sides. The "Expired" bar code on it is a sentiment stamp from Rubber Dance.

I am sharing this with
Cuttlebugmania - Spooky
Fab 'n'Funky - Celebrate Halloween
Mod Squad - Halloween Fun
Cut it Up challenge - Halloween in non-traditional colours   

7 comments:

Barb said...

You're certainly full of good ideas. A really fun card and a clever way to make your bats. Barbxx

Alison said...

I love this very pink Halloween card. What a great way to cut out your bats - I must remember that for next year...!! Thank you for joining us at Fab'n Funky.
Alison x

Cut It Up Challenge Blog said...

Brilliant! I love pink and black, and that "sentiment" is hilarious! :)

Thanks for joining us for our Halloween in Non-Traditional Colors challenge at Cut it Up!

Evelyn
https://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com/

tonilea said...

This is funny! It totally made my day! Thanks

Gerda said...

This Halloween card is SO FUNNY!!! I love the bats and the colors!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
Gerda
http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

Jan said...

I just love this design. Thanks for joining us at Fab N Funky xx Jan DT

Peggy T. said...

This is so cute. Thank you for joining us for the Mod Squad Challenge. Hope to see you again next time.

Peggy T.
Design Team Member