Sunday 8 January 2017

Brown paper packages tied up with string...

Well, Kraft and twine really.....


And isn't the camera a fibber? Those two pieces of kraft look very different shades, and yet they are stamped on the same side of the same sheet of card! The textured background paper is from a DCWV stack and the twine is garden twine, which I used instead of bakers' twine for a more rustic effect.

I am sharing this with
Christmas Card Challenges - Colour Challenge
Jingle Belles - Presents
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - CAS or anything goes
Perfectly Created Chaos - Texture   

The parcel stamp is a loose UM from my collection - I can't recall where it came from - stamped and embossed in white. The sentiment is from Lili if the valley.

9 comments:

Barbara Godden said...

Lovely card, great job with the colours, I would never have thought about using Kraft for Christmas. Awesome.

lauren bergold said...

isn't it AMAZING what a difference light can make when photographing paper??! honestly it sometimes feels like spend more time on the pics than the cards, lol! :) you've done really well here, both photographically AND of course creatively: love the stamp, love the kraft, love the layout... love the CARD! such a fab take on the "presents" theme at JINGLE BELLES!

Pia S said...

This really appeals to me. Loving these neutral colors and simple, rustic look!

Lady Joyful said...

Very cute card! The rustic look is really lovely.

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful CAS card I have never stamped on kraft will have to give it a go-love the string too-annoying when you post a pic and think it isn't that colour on the card !!!
Carol x

Mrs A. said...

Hi Jane this is a perfect entry for the Texture challenge at Perfectly Created Chaos. I have my DT hat on today. I'm struggling with getting photos to show their correct colours. The weather is so dismal and electric lighting not much better. I love the addition of the string instead of twine. Very rustic. hugs ValeryAnne (DT)

laurie said...

Cute card! Love the trio of presents. Thanks for joining us at The Christmas Card Challenge!

SmilynStef said...

The color that shows-up is all about the lighting (I hate when that happens) ... but I do adore brown paper packages ... so glad you helped us *wrap* things up at jingle belles.

Dori Shelton said...

I love that background! It's so unique and interesting. Thank you for joining the Perfectly Created Chaos texture challenge. We hope to see you again soon.