Sunday 21 May 2017

Butterflies and Roses

For this card, I've used a paper and die cut decoupage that I think was free with docrafts magazine a year or two ago.



I'm not thrilled with die cut decoupage (which is why it's been hanging around unused) because it never seems to be cut right to the edges and yet  it's almost impossible to trim without spoiling it. I find cutting fiddly decoupage from scratch a lot easier! I did start trying to trim this one but gave up halfway round the first leaf.

I've added a couple of butterflies cut with Spellbinders dies.

I am playing along with the Butterfly Challenge - L for Layers and/or Cream

3 comments:

Alice (scrAPpamondo) said...

Lovely card, so sweet and the flower decoupage looks beautifully! Fab papers and butterflies! Thanks for playing in the Butterfly Challenge#79!

Cara said...

Beautiful card, love how you added the butterflies to it. I share your dislike of die cut decoupage for the same reasons! Cara x

Mrs A. said...

I know what you mean about precut decoupage kits. Like you I much prefer to fussy cut my own. Having said that though your flower looks great on this card and perfect with its matching paper. Thank you for fluttering into the butterfly garden for this challenge. Hugs Mrs A.