Sunday 7 May 2017

Inspired by Music at Quirky Crafts

It's time for out new Challenge at Quirky Crafts and this time our theme is "Inspired by Music" and we would like to see something inspired by the lyrics or title of your favourite song or piece of music - and tell us what the music is!

Our sponsor for this challenge is Ike's Art, and the image I have used is Windmill, to represent the song "Living in a windmill in old Amsterdam". There are mice in the song too, but the only mouse images I have aren't really right to use with this, so let's just imagine that all the mice are safely tucked up in their beds  inside the windmill.


I wanted to make this using more of a Delft blue, but I couldn't blend the colours properly with my blue inkpad, so I chose this pretty teal instead so that I could use Broken China DI, which I smooshed onto an acrylic block then used to paint the image, adding water a little at a time to get lighter and lighter shades.

The corners I have used are some very old white peel offs that are replicas of old Dutch tiles.

6 comments:

Liz said...

A very classy looking card, Jane, I love how you've coloured the image. I thought thought corners were dainty die cuts, what great peeloffs and so much easier to attach than die cuts! xx

ike said...

That is such a pretty card Jane and I love the colour. The pretty corners really set it off. I think it's a great place for the mice to live ... I remember that song :-D
Thanks for using one of my images and it was a pleasure to Sponsor you all xx
Hugz
IKE x

My Challenge Blog
My Shop
My Blog
FB Fan Page
Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

Furrbster said...

This is a great card!

Hugz Tinz

Barbara Godden said...

Lovely card, great job with the blending and those corners are perfect!

Cara said...

I knew which song you'd picked as soon as I saw that windmill! Fab card, love the depth your colouring adds. Cara x

NanaConnie said...

This is one of my favorite of Ike's images, Jane, and I love how you've done it in monochromatic turquoise blues! Great to know the mice are safe and snug in their beds. :-D