Tuesday 7 November 2017

Oh Christmas Tree at Cardz 4 Guyz

Over at Cardz 4 Guyz we're starting to think about Christmas, and the first of our festive challenges is Oh Christmas Tree, so we'd like to see some Christmas trees on your masculine makes.

 
I based my card on a sketch I found on Pinterest. It's hard to tell from the photo but that background isn't grey, it's a kind of matte silver paper. It's a sheet left over from a pack of "card" I bought on a market stall about 20 years ago - when I got home and opened it, the first and last sheets were card, everything in between was paper! As the market was 250 miles from home, I couldn't really go back and complain.
 
I added some of my sparkly washi tape - and some unsparkly too - and die cut trees and starts. After cutting the trees, I ran them through that swirly Cuttlebug folder that I suspect we all have gathering dust somewhere. If the card had been for a woman, I would have added silver gems in the middles of the swirls but I thought with the washi tape there was already rather a lot of sparkle for a man's card.
 
I am sharing this with
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge - Food and drink or Anything Goes
Crafty Hazelnut's Christmas Challenge Extra - November

4 comments:

Liz said...

Lovely Christmas card, Jane. Great idea to add the sparkly washi tape, but still keeping it suitable for a masculine card.

I remember buying a pad it the NEC years ago of what I thought was beautiful, embossed, pearlised paper. When I got home I discovered that apart from the first couple of sheets, the rest was plain coloured paper in pretty naff colours. xx

Cara said...

Brilliant card, I love all the textures you've created on it x

Barb said...

I love this card Jane. Great use of your washi tape. Now I have loads of washi tape but none is sparkly. Love it. Barbxx

Unknown said...

Great card, love the embossing on the trees
Hugs Kaz x