Saturday 24 March 2018

Bright butterfly

Many many years ago, when I was fairly new to card making, I bought a pack of butterfly shaped card blanks in assorted colours thinking how useful they would be. When I got them home, I couldn't think of a single thing to do with them - and I had about 24 of the blighters.

Gradually over the years I've chipped away at them, helped a lot in recent years by the grandchildren who have really loved decorating them, until I had just one pink one left, getting rather faded around the edges but still "too good to throw away".

At last I've used it!


First of all I dealt with the fading by dabbing a deeper shade of pink ink around the edge. Then I stamped all over with a Kanban butterfly background stamp and used a bright pink Wink of Stella to highlight the butterflies.

The stamp set includes three individual butterflies which I stamped onto contrasting mint green card and used as embellishments.

I am sharing this with

Crafty Sentiments Designs - Shaped cards

4 comments:

ELE said...

Original project. Nice! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments Designs this week.
We look forward to seeing you again next time.
Good luck!
Hugs
creativEle DT

cotnob said...

I think we all have something like this in our stash Jane, you have certainly made the most of your final butterfly card, I love the pretty pink and green combination.
Pauline - Crafting with Cotnob
x

M DelValle said...

Lovely card. I love butterflies!! Maria

Anna said...

Beautiful work! Thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week! Anna Dt